ROIC Youth Group
To sign up with the ROIC Youth Group, please click the form below:
The Weekend Islamic School is a non-profit to bring together like-minded Muslim families serviced by the ROIC, to impart Islamic education to children in a professional environment and help them develop into responsible citizens while acting as ambassadors of Islam to promote interfaith tolerance.
The Islamic learning envisioned at the school aims to promote family involvement in Islamic education and therefore will be based on parent participation in teaching and operations.
- Sundays from 10am to 12:30 pm.
- For children aged 5-18
- Each parent must attend with their children and teach a minimum number of classes
- We are currently at capacity with our facility – if you are interested in our school, please put your name on the waiting list by e-mailing the principal
For families with children already enrolled
ISLAMIC SCHOOL GOALS
The goal of the program is to develop a curriculum that introduces Islamic education to our children who are studying in a western education system. It looks to:
- Teach core concepts of Islam in accordance with the Holy Quran and Sunnah.
- Instill confidence in children to interact with people of other faiths while being proud of their Islamic heritage.
- Develop tolerance and respect for other religious belief systems.
- Teach them how to apply moral principles of Islam to everyday life in western society.
- Provide a positive social experience for children as they interact with other Muslim children and develop a feeling of community
- Create a platform to help the needy segments of society through charity.
- Provide awareness and advocacy for Islamic causes