ROIC strives to uphold the Prophetic model of the masjid that welcomes all and provide both men and women a prayer space in the main musalla (prayer hall) that is not behind a barrier to ensure full participation of the entire community in prayer services, lectures, and discussions.
Our Goal is to establish an open and affirming community center that serves the spiritual, educational, and social needs of central Houston for the greater community.
– Bi-monthly guest lecturers (Pizza Nights)
– Weekend School- Urdu classes
– Weekly new Muslim classes
– Weekly halaqas for beginner, intermediate, and advanced students (see Events for more information)
– Women’s Self Defense Class
– Ramadan iftars
– Eid celebrations
– Qiyam prayers
– Friday prayers